Nashville is home to a diverse health care cluster with leaders in a number of industry niches that impact the health care landscape locally, nationally and internationally.
- The Nashville health care industry contributes an overall economic benefit of $46.7 billion in revenue and 270,000 jobs to the local economy annually.
- Globally, Nashville’s health care industry generates more than $92 billion in revenue and more than 570,000 jobs.
- More than 500 health care companies have operations in Nashville and work on a multistate, national or international basis. Nashville is also home to 400 professional service firms (e.g., accounting, architecture, finance, legal) that provide expertise in the health care industry.
- Eighteen publicly traded health care companies are located in Nashville. HCA’s 2011 return to Wall Street marked the largest-ever U.S. private equity-backed public offering.
- A survey of Nashville Health Care Council member CEOs shows great confidence in the Nashville market; 95 percent indicated that a Nashville headquarters location is important to their company’s positive performance.
- Nearly $1 billion in venture capital was invested in Nashville health care companies over the past decade.
“Home to an unparalleled diversity of health care companies, Nashville remains a one-of-a-kind center of innovation in the U.S., with a worldwide impact on the industry landscape. Our executives continue to be national leaders in setting trends and implementing industry improvements that are later seen across the country.” Caroline Young, Former President, Nashville Health Care Council
Download additional information about Nashville’s health care industry and the Council.