March 9, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
March 10, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
2015 Delegation to
Washington, D.C., March 9 – 10
Confirmed Speakers will include:
- U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
- U.S. Representative Jim Cooper (D-TN)
- U.S. Senator Bob Corker (R-TN)
- Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, Founder and Chairman, The Daschle Group, a Public Policy Advisory of Baker Donelson
- Anne Filipic, President, Enroll America
- Yvette Fontenot, Partner, Avenue Solutions
- Mary Grealy, President, Healthcare Leadership Council
- Cheryl Jaegar, Principal, Williams & Jensen
- Sarah Thomas, Research Director, Deloitte Center for Health Solutions
- David Wasserman, House Editor, Political Analyst, The Cook Political Report
The Leadership Health Care (LHC) Delegation to Washington, D.C. offers an exclusive opportunity to hear from members of Congress, Administration officials, Capitol Hill staff and national thought leaders about key health care policy issues, federal health care spending priorities and reform implementation. LHC’s annual visit to the nation’s capital exposes emerging industry leaders to health care developments and perspectives on the policy environment while showcasing Nashville’s robust and entrepreneurial $70 billion health care industry.
Past delegation speakers include:
- Members of the Tennessee U.S. Congressional Delegation and Key Staff
U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
Robert Gibbs, Former White House Press Secretary and Outside Advisor to President Barack Obama
John F. Harris, Editor in Chief, Politico
Michael Hash, Director, Office of Health Reform, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Dora Hughes, Senior Policy Advisor, Government Strategies, Sidley Hughes, and former Counselor for Science and Public Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Karen Ignagni, president and CEO, America’s Health Insurance Plans
Mary Ella Payne, Senior Vice President, Policy, Ascension Health
Michael Ramlet, Founder and Editor, “The Morning Consult”
Gail Wilensky, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, Project Hope and Former Administrator, Health Care Financing Administration
Wednesday, February 4
Cancellation deadline with hotel accommodation
Wednesday, February 4
Cancellation deadline without hotel accommodation:
Friday, February 20
Student rate available.
Delegation Scholarship Program
Scholarships are available for two LHC members. Submissions due Friday, January 30.
To nominate a member, click here.
GE Capital, Healthcare Financial Services
Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock
Rooftop Reception Sponsor