September 27, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
September 30, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
At a time of dramatic political and economic change, please join Council executives for a first-hand view of the Cuban health care system and the opportunity to experience authentic Cuban culture. Despite extremely limited resources, Cuba has gained a well-regarded reputation for the health of its people and its well-trained clinical workforce. With guaranteed access to care for all and a system focused on community-based, preventive medicine, Cubans have one of the highest life expectancy rates and lowest infant mortality rates in the Americas despite an an environment of economic austerity.
This small-group program, coordinated by InsightCuba, a non-profit travel organization specializing solely in legal travel to Cuba for Americans, will include discussions on the Cuban health care delivery model with clinicians, meetings with Ministry of Health representatives and tours of health care delivery sites. The group will also hear from U.S. officials on U.S.-Cuba economic policy and trade.
A program brochure and agenda is available here. A more complete agenda will be published when available.
Dates: Sunday, Sept. 27 – Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015
Registration Fee: $3,815 per participant/single occupancy
$3,415 per participant/double occupancy
Deposit due at time of registration: $275
Full payment is due no later than June 29.
Registration fee includes;
– 4 days/3 nights at the Saratoga Hotel in Havana, Cuba
– Cuban Visa
– Round trip airfare from Miami to Havana
– All meals while in Cuba except for one dinner on your own
– All entrance fees to scheduled activities and events
– All in-country ground transportation and airport transfers
– Baggage fee for first checked bag
– Priority check in at Miami International Airport
– Departure tax
– Travel health insurance, emergency medical evacuation and trip cancellation coverage (up to $1,000)
Registration fee does not include:
– Domestic airfare to Miami
– Hotel accommodations in Miami (Please note: As the flight to Havana departs Miami very early on Sunday morning, delegates must arrive in Miami Saturday night. Exact flight time TBD.)
Cancellation policy: http://insightcuba.com/terms-and-conditions
For registration information, please contact Jamie Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation-only. Space is extremely limited.
The registration deadline is July 27 or when capacity is reached.
A deposit of $275 is due at time of registration.