April 15, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.
April 16, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
War Memorial Auditorium | 301 6th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37243
Imagine two days filled with mind-blowing TED talks, enchanting musical performances, and thought provoking experiences. This is TEDxNashville.
Dynamically delivered by acclaimed experts, TED talks are focused on exciting ideas, and are without any commercial, religious or political agenda.
Just like your favorite TED talks seen online, TED talks delivered at TEDxNashville are designed to take you on a fast-paced deep dive into some of the world’s most interesting topics, in only 18 minutes or less.
Carefully curated by local TEDx organizers, TEDxNashville is all about inspiring awe with fresh ideas and unique experiences. Leaders from the Nashville community organize TEDxNashville under a license from TED and in the spirit of the TED mission – to spread ideas that matter.
The Details: April 15th & 16th, 2016
At TEDxNashville 2016, on April 15th and 16th, 25+ speakers and performers will take the audience on a thrilling journey of new sights, sounds, and ideas.
On April 15th, TEDxNashville speakers will deliver talks that will change the way you think about health by letting you see into the future of healthcare and medicine.
- Structural innovator SETH WINNER will introduce three dimensional textile organs that have a regenerative effect on the human body. Read about Seth Winner in the Wall Street Journal.
- Acclaimed author and leading oncologist DR. NEIL SPECTOR will explain about how he, a leading medical expert, almost died from a common disease, and what you can learn from his experience with modern medicine. Read about Dr. Spector in The Science of Us, by New York Magazine.
- THE CERNY BROTHERS are “a group without any trendy gimmicks, a lead banjo player strumming with the same vigor as if on the electric guitar and simplistic lyrics delivered with strength (Buzzbands.LA).” At TEDxNashville, The Cerny Brothers will capture your heart with their soulful songs.
See the complete TEDxNashville lineup for April 15th here.
On April 16th, TEDxNashville speakers will deliver talks across a wide spectrum of subjects to spark learning, inspiration, and wonder.
- ELLA AL-SHAMAHI has a knack for communicating science through stand-up comedy. Don’t miss her unexpectedly hilarious talk about traveling as a National Geographic Explorer in unstable territories. Read about Ella Al-Shamahi in this National Geographic article.
- An expert in galaxy dynamics and black holes, DR. KELLY HOLLEY-BOCKELMANN will use her talk to unveil a discovery that will change the world in ways we can only imagine. Be one of the first to hear her talk about her big breakthrough that will change the way we all think about our place in the universe .
Credited with helping shape the 2004 presidential election, New York Times bestselling author STEPHEN MANSFIELD will help you understand the great importance of the Kurdish culture. Read this Huffington Post article by Stephen Mansfield.
KAWEHII‘s videos and songs have been featured on CBS News Most Viral Videos, Vimeo, Booooooom!, Sony Music, Huffington Post, Esquire, Spin, Elle, Maxim, People, Devour, Gizmodo, etc. Her TEDxNashville performance will have Music City buzzing. Be there to experience it live.
Tickets are available here.
Learn more here.