The Nashville Health Care Council announced today the inaugural class of the Nashville Health Care Council Fellows.
The Fellows initiative, announced in November, is designed to engage industry leaders in clearly defining health care’s greatest challenges, and exploring new strategies to meet these issues facing the U.S. health care system today.
Announced in partnership with former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, M.D., who serves as the Fellows co-director, 33 health care industry leaders from Nashville were chosen through a competitive application process.
“These individuals, pulled from the best and brightest our industry has to offer, have a challenging task ahead, and we look forward to their work,” said Sen. Frist.
The 2013 Fellows class includes the following leaders:
- Merrick Axel – Partner, Cressey & Company
- Bo Bartholomew – CEO, PharmMD
- Laura Beth Brown – Vice President, Vanderbilt Health Services, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Molly Cate – Partner, Co-Founder, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock
- Chris Cigarran – Market President, Employer Division, Healthways
- John Doulis, M.D. – CIO, MedCare Investment Group
- Todd Falk – Division Vice President, DaVita
- Adam Feinstein – Senior Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development, LabCorp
- Stephen Flatt – President, National HealthCare Corporation
- Darin Gordon – Director, Health Care Finance and Administration, State of Tennessee
- Michael Hill – Attorney and Shareholder, Harwell Howard Hyne Gabbert & Manner
- Grant Jackson – General Partner, Council Capital
- Hans Kestler – Vice President, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, BioMimetic Therapeutics
- James Lakes – Director, Business Strategy and Operations, Microsoft Corporation
- Fletcher Lance – Global Healthcare Leader, North Highland
- Ted Lomicka – Vice President and Assistant Treasurer, Community Health Systems
- Evans Looney – President, Tennessee and North Mississippi, Humana
- J.L. Osei Mevs – Senior Associate Vice President, External Affairs, Meharry Medical Center
- Shawn Morris – President, Development and Innovation, HealthSpring
- Frank Moser – President, Aegis Sciences Corporation
- Miriam Paramore – Executive Vice President, Strategy and Product, Emdeon
- Jim Parrott – Partner, Ernst & Young
- Clay Phillips – Director, Provider Relations and Communications, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Alan Poenitske – Senior Vice President, Financial Operations, MedSolutions
- Bill Rutherford – COO, Clinical and Physician Services Group, HCA
- Michael Ryan – Managing Director, Avondale Partners
- Jeff Seraphine – President, Delta Division, LifePoint Hospitals
- Andrew Smith – Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Brookdale Senior Living
- Bryanie Swilley – Eastern Division President, IASIS Healthcare
- Chris Taylor – Executive Vice President and CFO, Parallon Business Solution
- Brent Turner – President, Acadia Healthcare
- Mark Wainner – Vice President, Financial Operations, AmSurg
- Paul Wallace – Managing Director, Heritage Group
To see today’s announcement, please click here.
For more information about the Fellows initiative, please visit www.healthcarecouncilfellows.com.