Leadership Health Care (LHC) provides specialized programming to help emerging healthcare leaders develop in their careers. Each quarter, LHC participants hone their leadership skills, advance their industry knowledge and connect with a strong network of peers while engaging in special Council programming, specifically designed to support emerging healthcare executives within our Council member companies.
The LHC Executive Briefing series offers LHC members the opportunity to hear from experienced local executives who share their expertise on the soft skills needed to be a leader and influencer. Past speakers include:
- Cindy Baier, President & CEO, Brookdale Senior Living
- David Dill, Chairman & CEO, Lifepoint Health
- Eric Evans, CEO, Surgery Partners
- J.R. Greene, CEO, Psychiatric Medical Care
- Tammy Hawes, CEO & Founder, Virsys12
- Sam Hazen, CEO, HCA Healthcare
- Aaron Lewis, EVP, Growth & Integrated Solutions, Lifepoint Health
- Dee Anna Smith, CEO, Sarah Cannon
The LHC Healthcare Today series provides insight on current healthcare industry trends and specific key issues in an intimate conversational setting with expert panelists.
LHC Industry Tours offer on-the-ground views of industry and nonprofit services within the Nashville healthcare ecosystem. Previous Industry Tours have included Faith Family Medical Center, Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, and Siloam Health.
LHC Cohorts provide members the opportunity to participate in a peer mentoring program facilitated by an experienced healthcare executive. Throughout six cohort sessions, participants discuss substantive topics around a common focus area to enhance their knowledge and leadership skills.
Notes from each session are captured in a series titled “Cohort Conversations.” Click here to read more!
Small Group Coffees
LHC Small Group Coffees allow members to meet monthly and collaborate across health care industry sectors.
Meet the LHC Board
This virtual program series imparts insights from board members as they candidly speak about their careers and much more.
New Member Coffees
LHC New Member Coffees provide new members the opportunity to connect with each other along with LHC board and committee members.
Holiday and Awards Reception
The LHC Holiday and Awards Reception honors leaders within LHC and celebrates the holidays with friends and colleagues in ugly holiday sweaters.
View Upcoming Events
*Annual membership does not include registration fees for certain LHC events. LHC events are open to current LHC members.
Apply to Join an LHC Committee
Committees are established by application on an annual basis and committee members serve Council staff in an advisory capacity. Each committee is chaired by an LHC board member and applications open in early April each year.
- Education Committee– Responsible for submitting recommendations to the Council staff on the curriculum for LHC educational programs.
- Membership Engagement Committee– Responsible for engaging current LHC members throughout the year to encourage active participation and membership renewal.
- Networking and Mentoring Committee– Responsible for developing and submitting topics for the Cohort Mentoring programing and serving as coordinators. In addition, responsible for serving as hosts for the LHC Small Group Coffees.
Apply to Join the LHC Board
Nearly 30 of Nashville’s most promising healthcare leaders across diverse sectors and professional services firms are represented on the LHC board. They are appointed and work on behalf of LHC to contribute to the breadth and strength of Nashville’s $97 billion healthcare industry. The board also leads LHC’s efforts to create educational, networking, and mentoring opportunities for over 500 individual members.
Note: You must have actively served on a committee for one year in order to be eligible to serve on the LHC Board.
Ask Your Company to be an LHC Annual Sponsor
LHC annual sponsorship offers unparalleled visibility among emerging leaders in Nashville’s health care industry from pre-event communications to day-of program, to post-event.
Sponsorship benefits include but are not limited to:
- Exposure among a limited group of Annual Sponsors
- Recognition at the beginning and end of each program event
- Recognition on all event invitations (distributed to a diverse group of LHC current and past members of the board)
- Social Media recognition surrounding each event
- Council provided Social Media Toolkit
- To receive a full list of sponsorship opportunities and benefits, please contact Kim Burge.
Nominate Someone for an LHC Award
With the assistance of its members, volunteers, and supporting organizations, LHC has experienced tremendous momentum for more than 20 years. On an annual basis, LHC honors its most impressive and engaged up-and-coming healthcare industry leaders, as well as the organization providing the most support to LHC’s mission to develop talent within Nashville’s premier healthcare industry cluster.
This award program recognizes excellence within the membership and honors LHC supporters for their consistent and valuable contributions. Nominations are submitted by members in the following categories:
- Healthcare Emerging Leader of the Year– an individual member who demonstrates outstanding leadership, motivation, and talent within the industry.
- Ambassador of the Year– an individual member who has shown dedication and commitment to LHC and serves as a positive reflection of the organization’s mission and goals.
- Supporting Organization of the Year– an organization within the healthcare community that is providing notable support to LHC through activities that can include memberships, sponsorships, hosting events, consulting, and thought leadership.