The Council has hosted more than 300 health care leaders representing nearly 100 companies on 13 international health care study missions. These executive-level missions have provided delegates the opportunities to:
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the health systems and develop business opportunities abroad.
- Meet in small settings with U.S. Embassy leaders and government dignitaries.
- Establish high-level contacts among global private industry leaders, financial services executives and entrepreneurs, professional service organizations and industry associations.
- Gain expertise from other U.S. companies already doing business internationally.
- Benefit from the unparalleled leverage and access provided by an executive-level mission.
To date, Council missions have visited 19 cities in 16 countries, including Germany and the UK (1999), France and Spain (2000), Belgium and Italy (2002), the UK and the Netherlands (2003), Hungary and the Czech Republic (2004), Poland and Austria (2006), Sweden and Germany (2008), England and Scotland (2010), Chile and Argentina (2010), France (2013), Cuba (2015), the UK (2017), and Israel (2019). The Council and Chamber also hosted a virtual trade mission to India in 2009 and participated in the State of Tennessee’s 2007 and 2009 missions to China.
To read the whitepapers from the Council’s International Health Care Mission trips, click here.