The Council has hosted more than 250 health care leaders representing nearly 80 companies on 12 international health care trade missions. These executive-level missions have provided delegates the opportunities to:
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the health systems and develop business opportunities abroad.
- Meet in small settings with U.S. Embassy leaders and government dignitaries.
- Establish high-level contacts among global private industry leaders, financial services executives and entrepreneurs, professional service organizations and industry associations.
- Gain expertise from other U.S. companies already doing business internationally.
- Benefit from the unparalleled leverage and access provided by an executive-level mission.
To date, Council missions have visited 18 cities in 16 countries, including Germany and the UK (1999), France and Spain (2000), Belgium and Italy (2002), the UK and the Netherlands (2003), Hungary and the Czech Republic (2004), Poland and Austria (2006), Sweden and Germany (2008), England and Scotland (2010), Chile and Argentina (2010), France (2013), Cuba (2015) and the UK (2017). The Council and Chamber also hosted a virtual trade mission to India in 2009 and participated in the State of Tennessee’s 2007 and 2009 missions to China.
Jack Bovender, former chairman and CEO of HCA, Senator Bill Frist, M.D. and Milton Johnson, chairman and CEO of HCA have served as mission leaders for the Council’s international visits.
The Nashville Health Care Council trade missions offer exceptional opportunities for delegates to learn first-hand about the health care systems in the visited countries and to establish potentially long-term relationships with government and industry decision-makers at the highest levels. These trade missions have provided essential information that our company has utilized in guiding strategic international investments.”
Tom Cigarran, Chairman and Governor, Nashville Predators; co-founder and former CEO, Healthways, Inc.; co-founder and former CEO, AmSurg Corporation