NASHVILLE HEALTH CARE COUNCIL FELLOWS ANNOUNCES CLASS OF 2023
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Dec. 15, 2022) — The Nashville Health Care Council today announced the 2023 class of the Nashville Health Care Council Fellows, the tenth class in program history. The Council Fellows will welcome 30 leaders, selected from healthcare companies of all sizes and sectors, who are poised to move our nation’s healthcare industry forward.
This year’s intake of Fellows consists of individual’s selected from healthcare organizations of all sizes and sectors. Class Representation includes:
- 33% out of state candidates
- 33% candidates self-identified as diverse (non-white and/or Hispanic or Latinx)
- 43% candidates self-identified as Female
The Council Fellows program is built to encourage collaboration and create space for healthcare leaders to unite behind a shared goal of creating lasting, impactful change in the industry. The five-month intensive program is led by a faculty of industry experts who will address topics such as innovation from inside and outside healthcare, social determinants of health, and how to transform the industry to be more equitable and inclusive.
“The 2023 Council Fellows class members and curriculum were selected with purpose,” said Apryl Childs-Potter, President of the Nashville Health Care Council. “Each Fellow has the skillset, knowledge, and influence to create meaningful change in their own organizations and beyond. And of course, there’s no better place than Nashville to convene these leaders and allow them to work with and learn from our nation’s most impactful healthcare minds. I’m thrilled to welcome this new class of leaders into the Council Fellows program, and I can’t wait to see the collective impact they make in the months and years to come.”
Members of the 2023 Council Fellows class include:
- Miguel Benet, MD, MPH, FACHE, SVP Clinical Operations, Community Health Systems
- Adrian Cabrera, Principal, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Carlene D. Callis, Chief System Integration & Growth Officer, Ardent Health Services
- Leah Cathey, Executive Vice President, Premise Health
- Michael M. Collier, JD, EVP, Corporate Strategy & Development, HealthStream, Inc.
- Carl Daley, CPA, SVP Retail Strategy and Operations, Humana, Inc.
- Amy Deaton, Chief Operating Officer, EvidenceCare
- Weldon Diana, MD, MBA, Market Medical Director, Landmark Health
- Shon Dwyer, MBA, RN, President, Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Amy Green, CEO/Founder, Nashville Collaborative Counseling Center
- William C. Haugh, FACHE, President, Central Division, Lifepoint Health
- David Istvan, MD, MBA, President, Northeast Group, TeamHealth
- Edmund Jackson, PhD, MscEng, Chief Data Scientist, Whistler Capital Partners
- Ryan Keith, MBA, Head of Partnerships, Cadence
- Todd Leri, MS, Chief Growth Officer, CareBridge
- Uttara P Marti, MBA, MEng, Managing Director, Evercore
- Russell Marty, JD, Government Relations Principal, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Leslie A. Meehan, MPA AICP, Deputy Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Health
- Pranav C. Mehta, MD, MBA, FACHE, CPE, CMO American Group, HCA Healthcare
- Michelle Nichols, MD, MBA, FAAFP, Senior Vice President for Clinical Affairs, Meharry Medical College
- Michael Niffenegger, MBA, Senior Director, Medicare Business Optimization and Affordability, Cigna
- Lynsey Perry, MHA, Vice President of Operations, Psychiatric Medical Care
- Seth Rainford, MBA, Co-Founder, President, & COO, Digital Diagnostics
- Stacey Santo, Chief Engagement and Innovation Officer, Tivity Health
- Tim Suther, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Data Solutions, Change Healthcare
- Rhonda Switzer-Nadasdi, DMD, CEO, Interfaith Dental
- Melanie M. Thomas, MBA, Chief Information Officer, Nashville General Hospital
- Wendy Warren, JD, Vice President, Legal, HCA Healthcare
- Anderson Williams, MBA, MFA, Vice President, Talent Development, Shore Capital Partners
- Scott Woods, JD, Vice President, Policy, Research & Membership, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
“We are eager to see our Council Fellows apply their passion for healthcare to many areas across our industry,” said Lydie Marc, Council Fellows Senior Director. “We need these leaders’ smart thinking and engagement more than ever. The way the Fellows lean into collaboration during the program has driven true change in our industry over the last ten years, and we’re tremendously excited to see what the next ten have in store.”
For the first time, Nashville Health Care Council Fellows will partner with Optum Innovation Center for a special session on data and technology for Fellows in our nation’s capital, Washington D.C.
“I’m excited about the Fellows class of 2023. A great cross section of healthcare that will experience a life-changing journey together,” said Michael Burcham, Council Fellows Chair.
The Council Fellows program is presented in partnership with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Change Healthcare, Community Health Systems, HCA Healthcare, LifePoint Health, Tivity Health and Shore Capital Partners, LLC.
For more information and to stay up to date on this year’s Council Fellows Class, visit www.HealthCareCouncilFellows.com.