NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Nashville Health Care Council today proudly announced its 2023-2024 board of directors, a diverse and accomplished group of leaders who will steer the organization toward an even brighter future in its work to strengthen and elevate Nashville as Healthcare City.
Comprised of 30 esteemed executives, the appointed board brings a wealth of experience and passion for creative collaboration. The directors will collectively drive initiatives, foster innovative thinking and advocate for Nashville’s exceptional healthcare community.
“I’m thrilled to welcome our directors, each of whom brings invaluable insights and a steadfast dedication to advancing our mission,” said Apryl Childs-Potter, president of the Nashville Health Care Council. “Their collective expertise will be instrumental in shaping our strategic direction and championing the diverse needs and interests of our valued members.”
The newly appointed board chair, Cindy Baier, president and CEO, Brookdale Senior Living, is nationally recognized leader known for her visionary approach and unwavering commitment to providing valued high quality services. Among the many strengths that Cindy brings to this role, she will serve as the first female board chair in the Council’s history. Brookdale is the largest operator of senior housing in the United States, the ability to serve 60,000 residents. Baier, who has led Brookdale since 2018, is one of just 31 women CEOs on the Fortune 1000 list (as of September 2021).
“I am honored to assume this new leadership role within the Nashville Health Care Council and to serve alongside such respected colleagues,” said Baier, the newly appointed board chair. “Together, we are poised to build upon the remarkable foundation laid by our predecessors, and I am confident that our collective leadership will enable the Council to Make a meaningful difference for our members, the healthcare community and for Nashville.”
Members of the 2023-2023 Nashville Health Care Council Board of Directors are:
- Lucinda (Cindy) M. Baier (Chair), President and CEO, Brookdale Senior Living
- Jeffrey R. (Jeff) Balser, M.D., President and CEO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Dean, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Marty Bonick, President and CEO, Ardent Health Services
- Michael Burcham, Executive Partner Shore Capital Partners
- Neil de Crescenzo, President and CEO, Optum Insight
- David Dill, Chairman and CEO, Lifepoint Health
- Eric Evans, CEO, Surgery Partners
- Navid Farzad, Partner, Frist Cressey Ventures
- J.R. Greene, CEO, Psychiatric Medical Care
- Ray Guzman, CEO, SwitchPoint Ventures
- George Hampton, President and CEO, Currax Pharmaceuticals
- Tammy Hawes, CEO and Founder, Virsys12
- Sam Hazen, CEO, HCA Healthcare
- James E.K. Hildreth, M.D., President and CEO, Meharry Medical College
- Tim Hingtgen, CEO, Community Health Systems
- Chris Hunter, CEO, Acadia Healthcare
- L Gregory Jones, President, Belmont University
- Jon Kaplan, Managing Director and Senior Partner, Boston Consulting Group
- Paul Kusserow, Chairman, Amedisys
- Leif M. Murphy, President and CEO TeamHealth
- Andy Murray, Partner, Bradley
- Lisa Nix, Shareholder & Practice Leader, Transaction Advisory Services – LBMC
- Keith Payet, Senior Vice President Product, UnitedHealthcare Community and State
- Michaela Poizner, Shareholder, Baker Donelson
- Amy Seigenthaler, Managing Partner, Finn Partners
- Dee Anna Smith, CEO, Sarah Cannon
- Fahad Tahir, President and CEO, Ascension Saint Thomas
- Marc R. Watkins, M.D. CMO, Kroger Health
- Sam Weinstein, CEO, SpecialtyCare
- Andrea D. Willis, M. D., Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
About the Nashville Health Care Council
The Nashville Health Care Council strengthens and elevates Nashville as The Healthcare City. With a $68 billion economic impact and 333,000 jobs locally, Nashville’s healthcare ecosystem is a world-class healthcare hub. Founded in 1995, the Council serves as the common ground for the city’s vibrant healthcare cluster. The Council offers engagement opportunities where the industry’s most influential executives come together to exchange ideas, share solutions, build businesses and grow leaders.
For more information on the Council, please visit www.healthcarecouncil.com.