The Nashville Health Care Council announced its 2015-2016 board of directors, with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee president and CEO William Gracey serving as chairman.
Gracey, the former vice-chairman, succeeds LifePoint Health CEO William F. Carpenter III, who remains director of the board.
Dr. C. Wright Pinson, Vanderbilt Health System CEO will be vice chairman of the board.
The Council’s role in supporting and enhancing Nashville’s health care industry is important now more than ever,” Gracey said in a prepared statement.
New and renewing at-large directors include:
- Neil de Crescenzo, president and CEO of Emdeon
- Samuel N. Hazen, COO at HCA
- Debbie James, president and CEO of Vivere
- Rita Johnson-Mills, president and CEO of UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Tennessee
- Dr. Mike Schatzlein, president and CEO of Saint Thomas Health
- Wayne T. Smith, chairman and CEO of Community Health Systems
New directors joining the board for one-year terms are:
- Sara Butler, vice president of architecture at Goodwin Mills Cawood
- Bob Crutchfield, general partner at Harbert Venture Partners
- John A. Deane, president of Advisory Board Consulting and Management, A Division of The Advisory Board Company
- Craig Herrod, president of MEDHOST
- M. Eric Johnson, dean at Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management
- Julie Watson Lampley, partner at Butler | Snow
- Scott Mackenzie, CEO at M*Modal
- Ron Samuels, chairman and CEO at Avenue Bank
- Brian Sanderson, national managing partner of health care at Crowe Horwath
Anna-Gene O’Neal, president and CEO of Alive Hospice, and Benson Sloan, director of corporate development at MEDHOST, have also been elected to the board for a one-year term each. O’Neal serves in a director seat for an outstanding alumnus of the Council Fellows initiative. Sloan is chairman of the Council’s Leadership Health Care initiative.
For more information on the Council, please visit www.healthcarecouncil.com/about/board-of-directors.