Innovations that are developed here in Nashville by startups and large companies alike will have an impact on patient care across the nation. The Council is proud to facilitate important discussions and arm our members with information on the most current trends that are shaping the industry.
Hayley Hovious, President, Nashville Health Care Council
Nashville is home to a diverse health care cluster with leaders in a number of industry niches that impact the health care landscape locally, nationally and internationally.
- The Nashville health care industry contributes an overall economic benefit of $46.7 billion and more than 270,000 jobs to the local economy annually.
- Globally, Nashville’s health care industry generates more than $92 billion in revenue and more than 570,000 jobs.
- More than 500 health care companies have operations in Nashville and work on a multistate, national or international basis. Nashville is also home to nearly 400 professional service firms (e.g., accounting, architecture, finance, legal) that provide expertise in the health care industry.
- One aspect of Nashville’s health care industry that sets it apart is that 17 publicly traded health care companies are headquartered right here in Nashville. HCA’s 2011 return to Wall Street marked the largest-ever U.S. private equity-backed public offering.
- A survey of Nashville Health Care Council member CEOs shows great confidence in the Nashville market; 95 percent indicated that a Nashville headquarters location is important to their company’s positive performance.
- More than $1.6 billion in venture capital was invested in Nashville health care companies from 2005-2015.
Download additional information about Nashville’s health care industry and the Council.