Expanding Healthcare Business Abroad
Exploring Global Markets and Building High-Level Connections
The Council has hosted more than 300 healthcare leaders representing nearly 100 companies on 13 international healthcare study missions. These executive-level missions have provided delegates the opportunities to:
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the health systems and develop business opportunities abroad.
- Meet in small settings with U.S. Embassy leaders and government dignitaries.
- Establish high-level contacts among global private industry leaders, financial services executives and entrepreneurs, professional service organizations, and industry associations.
- Gain expertise from other U.S. companies already doing business internationally.
- Benefit from the unparalleled leverage and access provided by an executive-level mission.
To date, Council missions have visited 19 cities in 16 countries, including:
- Germany and the UK (1999)
- France and Spain (2000)
- Belgium and Italy (2002)
- The UK and the Netherlands (2003)
- Hungary and the Czech Republic (2004)
- Poland and Austria (2006)
- Sweden and Germany (2008)
- England and Scotland (2010)
- Chile and Argentina (2010)
- France (2013)
- Cuba (2015)
- The UK (2017)
- and Israel (2019)
The Council and Chamber also hosted a virtual trade mission to India in 2009 and participated in the State of Tennessee’s 2007 and 2009 missions to China.