The TNTrade Market Access Program (MAP) is a reimbursement program designed to enhance export readiness, promotion and sales activities in foreign markets for Tennessee’s small to mid-sized companies. MAP is a valuable tool available to qualifying companies seeking to enter new foreign markets. MAP provides a 50 percent reimbursement for up to $5,000 per year for qualified and approved export activities. This program is funded through a grant awarded from the U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and is managed through the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development (ECD).
Assistance is limited to qualifying Tennessee companies. Each company must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Small Enterprise (SME) based on the SBA definition.
- Have been in business for not less than one year from the date of program application.
- Operate profitably, during the most recent fiscal year (or portion thereof if the business has not operated for a complete fiscal year), based on operations in the United States.
- Operate a licensed business in Tennessee to manufacture, assemble and/or distribute a product or provide an exportable service; if manufactured or produced outside of Tennessee, the product/service must be marketed under the name of a Tennessee firm and have Tennessee content representing at least 51 percent of the value of the finished good and/or service.
- Be in good standing with the Secretary of State.
- Understand of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping.
- Have a plan for exporting.
Read more online or download the following information: